I am a PhD student in Computer Science at Vanderbilt University under the supervision of Dr. Tyler Derr and a member of the Network and Data Science (NDS) lab. I have completed my BS and MS in Computer Science from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2018 and 2021, respectively, where I received the university’s “Outstanding Graduate” award for both my BS degree and MS degree.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Email: yuying (dot) zhao (at) vanderbilt (dot) edu
My research interests lie in the interface of Machine Learning and Graph Mining with specific focus on: Fairness-aware Graph Neural Networks, Explainable Graph Neural Networks, ML-based solutions for influence maximization problem. I am fascinated by the powerful representation ability of graphs. I am broadly interested in analyzing all kinds of graph data, ranging from social media networks, coauthorship relationships, biology graphs, EHR graphs in healthcare domain, and so on.
- 05/2022: Our paper “Improving Fairness in Graph Neural Networks via Mitigating Sensitive Attribute Leakage” is accepted by KDD’22.
- 04/2022: Poster presentation at SDM’22 Doctoral Forum.
- 04/2022: Awarded the SDM’22 travel award.
- 03/2022: Previous work on Influence Maximization has been promoted by CCF database committe.
- 02/2022: Give a guest lecture on Information Diffusion and Influence Maximization.
- 12/2021: Preprint “Imbalanced Graph Classification via Graph-of-Graph Neural Networks”.
- 07/2021: Awarded free conference registration by ICML 2021.
- 05/2021: Awarded the title of “Outstanding Graduate” of Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
- 05/2021: Accepted by the ICWSM-21 Scholarship Program.
- 04/2021: Our paper “Maximizing Influence over Streaming Graphs with Query Sequence” is accepted by DSE journal.
- 03/2021: Awarded an IBM Fellowship.
- [DSE journal] Maximizing Influence over Streaming Graphs with Query Sequence
- Yuying Zhao, Yunfei Hu, Pingpeng Yuan, Hai Jin
- [CSCWD] Grace: An Efficient Parallel SPARQL Query System over Large-Scale RDF Data
- Xiang Kang, Yuying Zhao, Pingpeng Yuan, Hai Jin
Preprints and Submissions
- [under review] Inferring EHR Utilization Workflows through Audit Logs
- [under review] Imbalanced Graph Classification via Graph-of-Graph Neural Networks
Symposiums and Workshops
- Yuying Zhao. Improving Fairness via Fair Explanation. International Conference on Data Mining (SDM) Doctoral Forum, SIAM, Poster, 2022.